Thursday, July 2, 2015

Joyce Zhou's Second Day at Yale-- A Really Busy and Dizzy Day

     I had quite a tight schedule today.
     We had both Siggy's and Carrie's classes in the morning, went back to our rented home to have lunch, and then hurried back to the classroom at 1:30. After all the classes,we four roomates went to a leacture hall called Sudler Hall (in William L. Harkness Hall on Cross Campus) to attend a lecture given by Daniel Prober,a professor of applied physics. The professor explained how the consumption of energy has affected the environment and how Yale is taking new energy strategies. The professor tried every means to make the lecture vivid and impressive by showing us many examples about what has happened and what is going on with regards of energy and I could follow him with curiosity at first. Unfortunately,in the middle of the lecture,jet lag came to disturb me,and I couldn't fight it back,so I dozed off and even snored. I didn't realize I was snapping till Leoking elbowed me. She told me some students who heard my sound of snoring were looking at and jeering at me. What a shame!
    Without any breaktime,we went directly to the Planetarium right after the lecture. We saw the amazing Evening Sky Map. The map is so life-like that we seemed to be travelling in the sky!Un fortunately,I was dazed by the stars around so much so that I fell asleep again!It was really a peculiar and unforgettable evening even though we were totally exhausted with the long walk to and from the Observatory Tower .
     




1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry but I have to confess that I laughed a little bit over your snoring, and I can not BELIEVE you then went on to the planetarium. Very impressive! I trust you slept very well that night. Thank you for sharing the story of the lecture I missed...and I suppose you missed a bit of it too, : )

    ReplyDelete